In a situation where you need the service of medical malpractice attorneys, you must ensure that you or your loved one have suffered a personal injury due to the negligence of a medical doctor.
If you have committed your health to the hands of a medical doctor, he is expected to do everything possible in ensuring you remain healthy. However, there are instances where medical experts commit mistakes that lead to injury due to their own negligence or malpractice.
In this article, we will review the various cases where you can confidently hire the service of a medical malpractice attorney to help with filing a lawsuit against a medical doctor or hospital that has caused you to face injury or harm. Read on to learn more.
- Wrongful diagnosis or Misdiagnosis: These are instances where you are diagnosed with the wrong medical condition. This is totally different from the failure of the doctor to diagnose you at all or delayed diagnosis. Misdiagnosis is dangerous, the adverse effect may range from aggravating the medical condition of the patient to causing the death of the patient in more severe cases.
- Failure to diagnose: this is another form of medical malpractice where the doctor fails to follow the standard procedure in order to determine the medical condition of the patient. This is most common in cases where medical doctors take the symptoms that are experienced by the patient with a pinch of salt i.e. they do nothing about the complaints of the patient. Failure to diagnose can lead to the death of patients if actions are not taken to diagnose their condition earlier.
- Delayed diagnosis: Ordinarily nothing should be treated with levity when it comes to someone’s health. Medical doctors owe the patient and the family members the duty of acting promptly in quickly unravelling the condition of the patient. Procrastinating with someone’s health, wellbeing or life is a big deal. Delayed diagnosis is all about doctors not doing the right thing at the right time in terms of ascertaining the medical condition being suffered by the patient.
- Prescription errors: this may range from prescribing the wrong drug to the wrong dosage, specifying the drug to be taken at improper intervals or even prescribing the wrong mode of ingesting the drug. If you or your loved one experienced something along this line and as a result suffered personal injuries, you can confidently go ahead with suing such an erring medical practitioner.
- Failure to refer to a specialist: if the condition requires that he seeks an appointment with a specialist in that field but the primary care provider fails to refer such a patient and it can be proven that the inaction of the doctor is why the patient experienced other personal injuries, a worsened health condition or even death. By all means, go ahead with hiring the service of a medical malpractice attorney to help you sue the doctor or even the hospital as the case may require.
The Final Word
A medical malpractice case should not only be judged from the vantage point of a personal injury lawsuit. There have been reported instances of supposed ‘manslaughter’ in medical institutions because of so many disturbing reasons. According to an attorney who practices criminal law in Maryland, all angles and viewpoints need to be considered when it comes to medical malpractice-related deaths. If it is not so, then vital pieces of information and evidence can remain hidden and not bring the guilty to charge.