Kratom is another holy grail of the “herbs” that easily gets you really high and disconnected from your anxiety, depression, and pain. At least, that’s what the majority of Kratom abusers believed before sadly ending up on the dark side of this Mitragynine-packed herb.
For most, it started with using kratom to get a withdrawal from heroin, opioids, hemp, and morphine. But the feeling-goodness that ties in with using the substance is the hook to addiction and even physical dependence on it.
But according to the US (FDA) Food and Drug Administration, people should avoid the use of kratom and consumable substances that has kratom in them as an ingredient. And it’s not just about the abuse and addiction but kratom has been proven to be unsafe to the health in many ways.
Before going into those side effects, let me show you how this substance herb works.
How Does It Work?
Just the way codeine, morphine, and other opioids work, kratom contains a harmful chemical called mitragynine. Once kratom is consumed, the molecules of mitragynine in it diffuses into the body system to relieve pain and, of course, leave the consumers to deal with the side effects explained below.
Side Effects Of Kratom
- It causes hallucination and delusion when taken by mouth
- Overdose causes thyroid problems and constipation
- Continuous overdose causes liver damage, brain swelling, respiratory problems, seizure, and even death
- Here are also cases of constipation, tongue numbness, vomiting, nausea, dry mouth, and aggression
And once your body system becomes fully dependent on kratom, withdrawal can be impossible except you get the best professional help such as from Legacy Healing Center Pompano Beach.
Otherwise, trying to withdraw by yourself or with an unprofessional rehab can expose you to diarrhea, fever, muscle pains and spasm, trouble sleeping, hot flashes, anger, twitches, and even decreased appetite.
Before diving into the precautions of using it, below are some of the popular conditions for which most people use kratom.
Uses Of Kratom
- High blood pressure
- Chronic pain
- Acute pain
- Athletic performance
- Sexual problems like premature ejaculation and whatnot
Special Warnings And Precautions
Though Kratom is not entirely a dangerous substance, there are some health conditions with which you must avoid the substance completely. See them below;
- Pregnancy; while there’s no solid evidence about how kratom can affect the baby or the mother, experts advise that pregnant women should avoid consuming anything that has kratom in it.
- A mental disorder; with solid scientific proofs backed by several cases of worsening mental disorder after an intake of kratom, the USA FDA advises that people with mental disorders should stay away from the substance.
- Alcoholism; whether you’re an alcohol abuser or an addict, taking kratom can induce depression and increase your chances of committing suicide.
- Cardiac disorder/heart condition; if you have any heart condition of any sort, staying away from kratom will help to avoid hyper heart functioning and increased heartbeat speed that may cause further heart damages.
- Breastfeeding; finally, just like during the stage of pregnancy, women should avoid kratom throughout the stage of breastfeeding.
What About Dosing?
So, here’s the thing. There are several factors that must be considered when it comes to prescribing the right dose of kratom to an individual. Your health conditions, age, and lifestyle are some of those. Therefore, before consuming kratom, visit a certified medical expert for professional instructions, advice, and to get the right dose suited to you. Doing this can save you a lot of problems in the long run.