Are you wondering how movie theaters made those crispy and delicious popcorns? This article gives you a guide on how to make sure you replicate that feeling you get when you take popcorn every time in the movie theatre, only this time you get to do it from the comfort of your home. The article gives directions on several available brands to choose from and what features to check out when buying a popcorn machine
A popcorn machine refers to a kitchen appliance that uses electricity or an open fire to pop kernels and make popcorn. The most common popcorn machine is the appliance used to pop kernels using hot cooking oil. Another variety is the machine that uses hot air; this machine is trendy among people who are diet conscious and take their health seriously with the intent of avoiding cooking oil. The last variety is the manual stove popper, which has a turn handle linked with a spindle and rotating blades, which can be rotated around the base to move kernels around to ensure heat, is distributed evenly.
What to features to check out when buying a popcorn machine
The primary goal for anyone seeking to buy a popcorn machine is to produce quality popcorn that rivals movie theatre products for commercial purposes or domestic consumption. Below are some of the features to look out for when buying a popper.
- Wattage: Popcorn kernels require very high temperatures for them to pop; therefore, it is advisable to look for a popcorn machine that uses a comparative high wattage but not too high to end up increasing your expense on electricity bills
- Warranty: Like any other synthetic machine, a popcorn machine can be subject to faults and breaking down. In this case, a guaranteed warranty could go a long way to ensuring you do not have to suffer huge losses. You should check for a company warranty; you should check for the company’s availability.
- Price: Theoretically, people tend to go for what they find cheap, and however, cheapness and quality popcorn machine price in Kenya is usually flexible depending on the type, the wattage, and size of the kettle you seek to buy. If you aim for quality, you should try to be flexible with your budget.
- Top-quality materials: When buying a popcorn machine, the words long-lasting should be imprinted in your mind. It would be best if you chose a machine that has been manufactured with premium steel grade and tempered glass that will be scratch-proof. These factors assure you of the durability and longevity of your appliance.
What type of oil should be used?
Several oil brands will claim to mimic or even rival the fantastic taste of movie theater popcorn; with the popcorn machine being flexible, several brands of oil can be used to make popcorns; these include vegetable oil, refined coconut oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil, peanut oil, or avocado oil. Here are factors to consider be choosing oil to use;
- Flavor: The primary goal, in this case, is to mimic the flavor of movie theatre popcorn. Using your personal preference, you can decide which kind of oil to use; the most popular oil brand used in popcorn production is refined premium coconut oil.
- Diversity and versatility: When choosing an oil brand to use is advisable to use a flexible brand that can be used for other cooking purposes.
- Dietary needs: Some people are pretty conscious of their diet and try as much as possible to avoid fat. It is advisable to detail with the least amount of fat and cholesterol levels in this case.
With your popcorn machine today, you do not need to go to the movie theatre for entertainment. In the comfort of your living room, you could turn up the environment to mimic the cinema hall while enjoying your crispy popcorn. There are several factors to consider when getting one, but do not let that scare you from buying. This article has elucidated features to check out before buying a popcorn machine.