Have you ever thought of starting mechanized farming? Well, I am here with an all-time solution to solve all your worries. In this article, I am going to introduce to you some of the most sought-after information about shade nets or shade canvas.
So follow and let us take a deep look at the shade nets.
So many people have always come across shaded structures but few have taken the time to wonder what they are used for or even ask a simple question: what is a shade net?
So let’s start from the basics and head off toward the complexities of the whole topic, as I attempt to impart knowledge to you.
What is a Shade Net?
A shade canvas is a framed construction that helps to manage the climate by reducing heat intensity for humans and crops covered beneath it during the day.A shade canvas is made from a light polythene material to provide people and plants with protection against scorching sun and strong swirling winds.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Shade Net
Before buying a net, there are some very important factors that you must have right. The following are some of those areas of consideration.
1: The nature of the crop to be grown
There are breeds of crops that perform better when exposed to sunlight while others do well under shade. A farmer should comprehend this factor, if comprehension will not be possible, the crop will grow well under the shade. Sufficient sunlight is essential for photosynthesis.
2. 2. The aging stage of the crop
When plants are still young, they require a specific type of net. It is crucial to comprehend how much a shade canvas reduces the temperature condition in nurseries. So you need to seek advice from agricultural experts to help you identify the best density.
3. 3. Budget
Nets vary in price depending on the densities and the quality of material used. It is therefore important to window shop for the best shade net prices in Kenya before you decide on the quality that matches the weight of your pocket.
Merits of using shade nets
- They are easy to clean when the need arises
- They are durable and therefore serve the owner longer
- Because of their lightweight, they are easily movable to new sites within the farm or outside the farm.
- A shade of average percentage is favorable for flowers and vegetables
- They are good for use in the nurseries for proper plant growth.
- Enhances the food-making process and stimulates plant growth.
- Conserves water and moisture
- Protects seedlings from pests and crop diseases
- They are cost-effective in the long run, the initial cost notwithstanding.
- They increase the profitability of the farm.
In conclusion, just like it is in human nature to control the spread of tropical ailments like malaria by using nets, the same protection mechanism can be replicated to plants, which may get adverse damage from pest attacks.
This may also reduce the profit-making scope of the farmer. Farmers know too well the seriousness of this, which can oversee total losses.