There has been a sharp rise in the demand for air cargo services dubai. As new businesses are popping up rapidly, the demand for air cargo services is steadily rising in Dubai. It is very much in demand today as they offer many additional valuable services which make trading around the world relatively easy.
So you have decided to send your package by air cargo. Are you concerned that your product won’t be accepted onboard? Are you worried about the safety of your product? Do you require special arrangements to deliver your package in proper condition? If you have these questions on your mind, then you are in the right place.
Let’s face it. air cargo companies in dubai take a lot of care while delivering your packages.
But they do have a few restrictions when it comes to accepting specific packages.
Now, there are two kinds of air cargo, namely general cargo and special cargo.
General Cargo Services :
- General cargo services deal with high-value and delicate items. Items that cannot be shipped by land or water due to security reasons or items that cannot be shipped by land or water due to their fragile nature are shipped by general cargo services.
- This type is usually less expensive than the special cargo type, and transit may be longer sometimes.
- These include expensive items like jewelry and perishable items like electronics and pharmaceuticals. They also ship hardware and machinery and consumer and retail goods. Toys, clothing, and textiles are shipped by air as well.
- Air shipping is more expensive than shipping by sea, but due to the high margins and the fact that many electronic goods are fragile, air freight is the most appropriate form of transport.
-Special Cargo Services :
- Special cargo services deal with the transportation of goods in specialized environments.
- The special cargo includes: Over-dimensional and heavyweight items:-These are products that cannot be transported by land or by sea due to their massive size and weight. These are generally engine parts and parts needed in aerospace industries. Dangerous goods and hazardous materials:-These include flammable, poisonous, radioactive, explosive products. To prevent injuries and death, the items should be packed meticulously. These are charged way more than general cargo products and even more so in passenger air crafts. Keep in mind that not a lot of freights allow products that could cause potential harm to people.
- Temperature-controlled goods. :-These goods include products that require a protected environment like fruits, vegetables, medical kits, etc. Other types of special cargo are human tissue samples, organs, fragile and high-value items, and live animals.
Air cargo also ships Urgent goods, High volume goods, Intercontinental urgent mail, Spare parts and spare parts for land vehicles, Spare parts for the aerospace industry, Perishable food, Materials for fairs and events, Plants, Luxury products, Artwork, and accessories for medical use.
Now that you know what you can send via air cargo, you should be further informed about what you cannot send. Airports and airlines have specific rules set in place that we must abide by. When shipping an item on a plane, there are air freight shipping guides that you must follow. Given below are some products that cannot be sent via air cargos or are rejected by them.
- Tampered Parcels:- Make sure to pack your product very properly because any parcel that has a tampered exterior will be rejected by airport authorities. Potentially harmful products can fit inside these entry products, and airlines won’t take the chance of shipping a package that could be tampered with.
- Large Items:– Large items are sometimes not accepted by general cargo services. There are several different types of items that may be considered too large to package. And things that are extremely large in size and weight require special shipping requirements.
- Heavy and oversized shipments:-These items may not be accepted by general cargo services. These products are tied down to the floor of the aircraft to prevent movement.
- Engineering Equipment:- These items may not be accepted by general cargo services. For proper instructions, contact your air cargo service, and they will further advise you about what you should do.
- Dangerous Items:-The International air transport association considers these dangerous and will not allow shipping them on general cargo planes. These products are “hazardous materials” or HAZMAT.
The packaging on these items requires a HAZMAT label. Some of them are –
Flammable materials or substances, Explosives, Dry ice, lithium batteries,
chemicals. Items like nail polish or perfumes also make this list.
- 9-Classes:- These items require special labeling and handling instructions.
Proper labeling ensures proper handling and placement of your package. These special items include:-Explosive Gases, Flammable liquids, Flammable Solids, Oxidizing substances, toxic and infectious substances, radioactive materials, corrosives, etc.