Finding rodents on your property can be surely distressing. They make weird noises throughout the night and can disturb your peace and sleep in every possible way. In their search for food and shelter, they can create a lot of chaos for you. Also, they multiply very quickly, and this can increase your problems exponentially.
Different types of rodents in Manchester
There are a few different types of rodents that are found in Manchester. However, the most commonly encountered ones are – house mice, deer mice, and Norway rats. All these rodents are furry and equally problematic. Nevertheless, the Norway rats are the most difficult ones. They have very strong teeth and can even chew through materials like soft concrete and aluminum siding.
Furthermore, they are even big in size and that means they are intimidating as well. Then again, this even explains why they need larger entry points to enter any property. On the other hand, small mice can squeeze into almost any space and invade any property. Quickly taking control of the infestation is crucial because rodents can –
- Damage your property by chewing on pipes, insulations, floorboards, furniture, etc.
- Contaminate your foodstuffs and even their urine and feces can transmit diseases like Hantavirus & Salmonellosis.
- Even chew on electrical wiring and cause fire risks.
Getting rid of rodents in your Manchester home
If you have never encountered a rodent infestation before, there are good chances that you don’t know much about dealing with them. Well, in this scenario, it is best to involve a professional pest control company like Pest Control Manchester. They have qualified staff, the right equipment, chemicals, and everything else at their disposal. Also, since they are operating right from the heart of Manchester, you can expect them to provide same-day service.
Preventative steps to keep rodents away
If you are not facing any infestation at present but would like to keep rats and mice away from your property, it is best to undertake some preventative measures. Here are the top 5 preventative measures that you can consider following.
- Use some steel wool or a caulking gun to fill all the gaps, holes, and cracks on the exterior of your property. Also, make sure your doors and windows are in working condition.
- Take control of the moisture issue on your property.
- Get some effective door sweeps for your exterior doors.
- Ensure you clean your property regularly.
- Use air-tight containers to store food items.
Furthermore, you can always use some DIY pest control techniques. There are a variety of treatment options available that you can handle yourself.
Lastly, if the situation of rodent infestation is out of your control, it is time to invest in some quality rodent control service. Professional pests control companies offer a variety of services and thus can take care of any size of infestation. On the other hand, if you aren’t sure about an infestation, simply call in professionals for an inspection. A team of professionals can inspect your house and identify signs of infestation for you.