Roulette is a very popular casino game that’s played by numerous people all over the world. Although it seems simple enough, there’s more than meets the eye.
The croupier may spin the wheel in one direction then spin the ball in the other to determine the winning number but it’s not as simple as that.
In fact there are different bets you can try out and many people use sources, such as roulettestrategy.com/en-in/ to help them strategize and consider which bets to opt for. This wide variety of bets actually help players improve their odds.
The return to player ratio is reasonable enough so that land-based and online casinos don’t drive customers away from this game. With that in mind, here are some of the different types of roulette bets you should know about.
Inside bets in roulette usually have higher payouts but lower chances of winning. As their name suggests, inner bets are placed at the inner section of the table. These types of bets are more suited for those who prefer to take higher risks. Here are a few examples of inner bets.
- Straight or Single – Bets are placed on a single number.
- Split – Betting on two either horizontally or vertically adjacent numbers.
- Street – Bets are placed on three consecutive numbers in a horizontal line.
- Corner or Square – Betting on four numbers that meet in a corner.
- Six line or Double Street -Bets are placed on six consecutive numbers in two horizontal lines.
- Trio – A three-number bet that involves at least one type of zero.
- First Four – Bets are placed on the first four numbers including zero.
- Basket – Same as the First Four but for double zero layouts.
Unlike inside bets, outside bets have larger winning chances but lower payouts. If you want to have your gaming session last longer, then outside bets are more suited to you. Here are a few examples of outside roulette bets.
- Low (1-18) or High (18 to 36) – Bet that the winning number will be within specified range.
- Red or Black – Bet on a specific color.
- Even or Odd – bet that the winning number will be either odd or even number.
- Dozen Bet – Bet that the number will be in the first, second or third dozen range.
- Column bet – Bet that the number will be in the chosen vertical column of 12 numbers.
- Snake Bet – Similar to Dozen only you bet on that winning number will be among the numbers 1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32, and 34.
Other types of bets
Inside and outside bets are the most common types of roulette bets. However, there are other variations that people usually don’t know about. Moreover, these bet types can be allowed if the casino agrees to allow them.
For example, there are the so-called call and announce bets. Call bet is when a player calls the bet without placing any money on the table to cover the cost of the bet. This means they’re playing on credit and this type of bet is illegal in most countries.
Announce bet, on the other hand, is when a player announces a bet just before the outcome of the spin and they place the money for the bet cost on the table at the same time. Other rules, such as zero game, neighbors of zero, orphans and so on can be commonly found in most casinos, provided that they’re allowed, in the first place.
Knowing more about different types of roulette bets can help players create an effective strategy. This will make the roulette game more exciting and entertaining. That’s why it’s important to research these bets so that you can truly enjoy a game of roulette.