If I do not have a UK birth certificate, how do I apply for a passport?

A birth certificate is more accessible, but it’s not impossible.

Today, we are talking about passports and how you will proceed with passports if you cannot obtain your birth certificate.

Sending a birth certificate is the preferred method of proving your UK citizenship during the application process-after. This is one thing every UK citizen should have-there are also alternatives that can help you prove your nationality, so if you did not have your birth Prove that there is no need to panic.

This article will introduce the different ways you can apply for a passport and what you should do if you are a UK citizen but were born outside the UK.

What will you need if you don’t have a certified birth certificate? Well we suggest you a website which offers all kind of Nadra Services like Apply for New NICOP or Renew Passport etc.

Unrecorded letter

The “Notice of No Record” is issued by the state government, including your name, date of birth, the year in which the birth record was searched, and the absence of a birth certificate. It can be proved that there is no birth record in the United Kingdom, and you need to send it to your passport application.

To get an unrecorded letter, you need to talk to your state’s government and contact their vital statistics bureau-this is the only way to send this letter. They will be able to search their database to see if your birth is recorded.

Otherwise, they will provide you with an unrecorded letter. You can expect this process to take about a week in total.

As much as possible of the following:

Once you receive your unrecorded letter, it is time to start collecting additional documents as evidence of your nationality. These files are called early public records.

Here is the complete list you can UKe:

  • A baptismal certificate with the church seal
  • The baby’s footprints and parents’ names are printed on the hospital’s birth certificate.
  • Certification passed decree
  • State or Federal CensUK Record
  • Early school records
  • Family Bible Record
  • Postpartum care medical records

Ensure that these files are early public records, showing your name, date, and place of birth and that they were created within the first five years of your life.

You can also submit a birth certificate numbered DS-10 from an older blood relative, that is, parents, aunts, uncles, or siblings who have “personal knowledge” of your birth. MUKt be notarized or show the seal and signature of the acceptance agent.

You can also UKe a delayed birth certificate.

You can apply for an extended UK birth certificate instead of an unrecorded letter.

This is a birth certificate whose birth date is more than one year. You can apply and UKe it to obtain a passport, as long as it lists the documents you UKed to apply for the passport and the signature from your birth caregiver or has already been signed by your parents.

What if you were born with your parents in the United Kingdom?

If you were born abroad and do not have a foreign birth certificate or birth certificate, the UK Department of State has the following instructions for you to follow:

If you apply for citizenship from a UK citizen by being born abroad, you need to:

  • Your foreign birth certificate
  • Citizenship proof that your parents are UK citizens
  • An affidavit that your parents are American citizens. This needs to show all the time and place of residence inside and outside the UK before your birth

If you apply for citizenship from two UK citizen parents through birth abroad, you need to:

  • Your foreign birth certificate
  • Your parents’ marriage certificate
  • UK Parent Citizenship Proof
  • An affidavit from the parents of your UK citizen showing all the periods and locations of your physical existence in the UK and abroad before your birth.

How to apply for your first UK passport

Once you have collected your citizenship certificate, You will follow all the steps and submit all of the above as evidence of your UK citizenship.

Once you have submitted your application and received your passport, you can now UKe it as your primary form of identification within and outside the United Kingdom.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button