Do you know that painful feeling you get after sitting in one place for too long during work hours? It is not just a feeling, working long hours while sitting in one place is really hazardous for your health. It can cause a lot of health problems and that is why standing desks have been gaining more popularity. Standing desks are known to be more beneficial to your health than regular desks, so let’s take a look at why they are beneficial for you here!
WHAT IS A STANDING DESK?
A desk that you can work on while standing is a standing desk. They’re alternatively known as height-adjustable desks as well because they can be customized to your needs and you can adjust the height of your desk according to your convenience. Standing desks are a good alternative to regular desks because they are more beneficial for your health. Working long hours while sitting in one place can be hazardous to your health and more and more people are opting for standing desks. Even science says that standing desks are better for your health and productivity. Let’s read more about why you need a standing desk in your life!
WHY DO YOU NEED A STANDING DESK?
We all know how painful it is to be sitting in one place for too long, but did you know that it also increases your chances of getting many severe health conditions? If our body becomes inactive and doesn’t move for a long time, it can become very weak and mismanaged. A standing desk, however, allows you to have a free and moveable space to work in. Here are some reasons why you should stop using regular desks in your workspace:
1. When we sit in one place for too long it makes our heart weaker as our cardiovascular systems work more efficiently when we stand upright. Too many hours on a tiny desk and chair increase the risk of heart diseases.
2. One of the most important ways to prevent obesity is to be physically active. If you sit in your chair for, say, 6 hours a day, it is bound to reflect on your body. If you’re not moving or are confining your body to a single space, you will be more likely to become obese.
3. Sitting in one place for a long time can also weaken your muscles to a great extent, which is why when we work long hours we experience a lot of joint pain and muscle ache.
4. It can even cause nervous problems like varicose veins when your body becomes inactive and the blood in your body can start to pool in your leg and cause a lot of pain, and in some severe cases even arthritis.
5. Even if we can not admit it, working while sitting in a confined space for a long time can take a severe toll on our mental health. It can cause issues like anxiety and depression which can affect your work and productivity too.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HAVING A STANDING DESK?
Now that you see how harmful it is to be sitting in a confined space for long working hours, I’m sure it is evident that standing desks are much better for your health. But apart from your health, they are also really good for people that enjoy decorating their work desks as there is a lot of space to work with. Here are all the reasons why a standing desk is beneficial for you:
1. Standing desks can decrease your chances of getting heart diseases. They are height-adjustable but more often you’ll find yourself standing upright which helps your cardiac function to run smoothly and efficiently.
2. Standing desks can save you from obesity and the risks that follow obesity. If your body is standing or moving freely, it is easier to burn calories and process fat deposits.
3. When you sit in a place for a long time, it can cause a lot of back pain. With standing desks, you can just adjust it to your convenience and take the pressure off of your back.
4. Standing desks are amazing for people that love desk decor. There is a lot of room for organizing and making it a beautiful place authentic to you when you don’t have to worry about knocking things over time and again.
5. Standing desks can also improve your productivity and keep your mental health intact. They give you a space to work freely and not feel suffocated which can help you combat work stress, pressure, and anxiety to a large extent.
Standing desks are scientifically proven to be more beneficial for people who have long working hours and have to sit in one place for a long time. They are more likely to develop heart diseases, obesity, and many other health problems. Standing desks not only reduce your chances of severe health conditions, but they are also helpful in improving productivity and managing your mental health.
Visit This Site: Pii-email