SARMs have become no less than miracle compounds in the fitness and training world in the last few years. Just like any new compound, there are several questions and misconceptions related to it and how they are better than steroids.
Here is what you should know about SARMs and steroids and how they are different?
What are SARMs?
SARMs stand for Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators. It is a research compound that attaches to androgen receptors in your body and enhances protein synthesis. In simple words, it makes a major impact on your body by triggering muscle growth. SARMs were released during a drug development trial to treat prostate cancer and handle the issues of chemotherapy like muscle wasting. However, it didn’t work pretty much in that field but had other benefits. It played a major role in muscle growth and fat loss.
Major SARM types:
There is more than one type of SARM available in the market. Some of the common ones are:
- Ostarine: Also called MK-2866, the SARM stimulates testosterone production and enhances lean muscle mass.
- Ibutamoren: Also called MK-667, the product is often marked as SARM, but it is a growth hormone secretagogue. It has unique benefits and effects on your body.
- Cardarine: Also called GW-501516, the SARM yields amazing performance enhancement results by increasing endurance and strength.
What are Steroids?
Anabolic steroids are artificial hormones that mimic testosterone. They are not legal in major parts of the world and sports communities. However, bodybuilders use it to enhance their muscle growth and training results.
A major issue with using steroids is that they bring irreversible changes to your body, including shrunken or swollen genitals, excessive hair growth or hair loss, and more.
How are SARMs and steroids different?
There are some major differences between SARMs and steroids.
- Firstly steroids have illegal status, while SARMs are not marked illegal anywhere around the world.
- You don’t have to inject SARMs; they can be consumed orally. However, steroids are mostly injected into the body.
- SARMs have lower side effects than steroids. The benefit here is related to the mechanism of both compounds. While steroids work on androgen receptors as a whole, SARMs do not work on the complete body. They work on targeted receptors that aid muscle building.
- SARMs are compounds made from natural and synthetic ingredients; steroids are purely artificial.
- SARMs have shown effective but slow results without any negative side effects; while steroids yield instant and effective results, the negative side effects continue to come with them.
- Lastly, while judgment for steroids is final and has been marked as dangerous for humans, SARMS still enjoys the tag of a research chemical and is under consistent research.
So, if you’re looking forward to increasing your muscle mass and boosting your training, it is advisable to choose SARM rather than steroids. Do your due diligence and do proper research on SARMs vs steroids to conclude. Once you know the difference, choose a reliable company and make your purchase to get effective and efficient results.