All About MBA (Master of Business Administration)
MBA is a two-year postgraduate degree that provides knowledge in the field of business management. It is one of the most popular degrees in the world and includes technical, managerial, and leadership skills. An MBA degree creates new career opportunities by building advanced business skills & a high-quality network.
The reasons for that are listed below-
- Students from any background can pursue an MBA course.
- Both freshers, as well as experienced professionals, can opt to go for an MBA course.
- There are various modes of earning an MBA course such as Regular, Part-Time and Distance Learning. This ensures that students can complete their MBA courses even with other things on their plate.
MBA Course Eligibility
- You need to be a graduate in any field from a recognised university.
- You need to have a certain minimum percentage during graduation. (This depends on individual colleges)
- Final year graduation students are also eligible to apply if they provide proof of completion of the degree.
- Candidates must have appeared in one of the accepted MBA entrance exams- CAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA, XAT, GMAT or state entrance exams.
Top MBA Course Specialisations
Before starting their final year of MBA, students are required to choose a specialisation. This is done to help students gain expertise in a field of their choice.
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Logistics Management
- MBA in Marketing Management
- MBA in BFSI (Banking Financial Services and Insurance)
- MBA in Operations Management
- MBA in Business Analytics
- MBA in Sales Management
- MBA in Retail Management
- MBA in Digital Marketing
Top MBA Course Skills
You will need to be on the top of your game in order to lead successfully as a manager. The most important skills MBA will teach you are-
- Business know-how
- Communication skills
- Management skills
- Strategic research
- Analytical approach
- Ability to work under pressure
Scope of MBA: Salary and Job Opportunities
As previously stated in this article, there is no dearth of opportunities for MBA grads in the corporate world. An MBA is a future proof investment that will take your career to the next level.
The salary depends on specialisations and individual companies. However, there is no doubt an MBA course will massively increase your salary in any case.
Job profiles will depend on your specialisation. You can expect to be hired as a Sales Manager, HR Manager, Marketing Manager, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Business Analyst etc.
MBA in Supply Chain Management- A specialisation to consider
As you will have to choose a specialisation in the final year of your MBA course, let us provide you with an amazing choice.
An MBA in Supply Chain Management will teach you the ropes of logistics and there are ample opportunities available in the market.
The manufacturing sector is doing very well post lockdown. The rise of e-commerce giants has led to increased significance for an MBA in Supply Chain Management.
People want fast delivery of products straight to their homes so the need of the hour is improving the efficiency of logistics and supply chains.
While the final decision rests with you, this is an interesting option you should definitely consider.