Americans love to bet on American Football. The number one league in American football is the National Football League (NFL). With 24 hour sports coverage on television and an abundance of information available online, American Football betting on the NFL is a boom industry in Australia now as well.
How To Bet On The NFL
The NFL is split into two conferences who have 16 teams each: the National Football Conference (NFC) and the American Football Conference (AFC). The conferences are split into four divisions of four teams each – the North, South, East and West with the regular season running for 17 games per team.
Every team plays each other at least once a season, with teams playing their divisional rivals twice each season. After the regular season is completed, there is a somewhat complex playoff schedule which decides the champion of the NFC and AFC.
To finish the NFL season, the NFC champion plays the AFC champion in the final match of the season, the “Super Bowl”. The Super Bowl is one of the most watched sporting events globally every year providing a great mix of outstanding sport and Hollywood show business. The winner of the Superbowl is crowned the “World Champions”.
NFL Bet Types
The NFL 2022/23 season is not far away. Below are some of the more common bet types:
Head-to-Head is the simplest bet type on NFL. There are two possible outcomes, Team A wins or Team B wins. You place a bet on who you think will win and either win or lose.
Line Betting involves placing a bet on how the bookmaker has handicapped the game. For example, a bet on the Green Bay Packers +3.5 is a bet on the Packers to either win the match or lose by 3 points or less.
Game Total bets are extremely popular and can also lead to good returns. These markets are generally viewed as an over/under. How many points will be scored in the match? This is a particularly effective method for bettors who believe they have a good feel on HOW the game will be played. Will defence dominate or will the quarterbacks get on a roll?
Tournament Betting involves a bet on who will win the Superbowl at the end of the season. Odds fluctuate throughout the season depending on the teams win/loss record.
Exotic & Prop Bets are a great way to enjoy NFL matches. It is a bet on the outcome of an event during the game. How many yards will Patrick Mahomes pass for? Will Aaron Rodgers score a Touchdown? These are examples of exotic bet types.
Why Should You Bet On The NFL?
- American sports lovers are stats nerds! There is so much information available on the NFL that bettors can be well prepared before placing a bet. Find a great website and use the information provided to place an informed bet. NFL.com, ESPN.com and profootballnetwork.com are great sources of NFL information and ESPN has a 24-hour TV channel with constant updates and news.
- With the majority of NFL games played on Monday mornings (AEST) there is very little competition on the TV. Bettors can watch three games in succession most Monday mornings, with an early start followed by a mid afternoon finish. What a way to start the week!
- The players are some of the greatest athletes in the world! 100kg men running at speed to catch a ball while evading 100kg defenders takes some skill. It is impossible to not get caught up in the adrenalin of the NFL.
- The Superbowl is the highlight of the NFL season. Think AFL/NRL Grand Finals on steroids x 1000! The half time show itself features the best entertainers in the world and advertisers pay tens of thousands of dollars for TV commercials.
- The NFL provides great betting opportunities each week. There is a lot of NFL information to take in each week. Some teams seem to match up well against others and one Quarterback may have a good record against another team despite the team’s positions on the table. Research is the key.
- Online betting is a boom industry within Australia and placing a bet has never been easier. Punters can place a bet via the internet 24/7 making American Football Betting a fun and easy pastime.
NFL Betting Tips, News and Information
Palmerbet.com.au provides free NFL betting tips and NFL odds as well as updated betting markets, breaking news and information about the NFL. They have a variety of markets on NFL matches and futures betting including the Super Bowl winner.
The Palmerbet Blog is a great source for American Football tips, betting previews and up to date NFL betting odds as well as the all-important last-minute changes.
Visit Palmerbet.com.au or download the Palmerbet app via the app store to sign up now.